BGS Wessex Region Vacancy: Chair
The Wessex region of the British Geriatrics Society is seeking to appoint a new Chair and expressions of interest are now invited for this position.
The term of office is three years.
The closing date for the receipt of applications in the form of a short expression of interest and covering CV is midnight on the 31 October 2017. Applications should only be submitted by those who are fully paid up members of the BGS and who are also members of the Wessex region.
Duties of a BGS regional Chair
1. To provide leadership to the regional committee
2. To guide the Secretary in the organisation of the biannual meeting
3. To write and present the Chair’s report to the regional meetings
4. To provide 6-monthly regional news and policy updates for publication (likely to be in BGS Newsletter, or e-bulletin, and/or on website)
5. To ensure a representative from the region attends each meeting of the England Council
6. To ensure that key issues arising in the region are brought to the attention of England Council
NB: The Chair may simultaneously hold the position of the regional representative on England Council. However, if the role of the regional representative is held by someone else, the Chair must ensure that the regional representative attends each meeting of the England Council and reports back on the Council’s deliberations.