Dignity 2010 - Dignity and Respect
Think: Treat the person as an individual and be aware of the person's ability to understand and make decisions for themselves...
Download Wall Poster and A5 Flyer
- Treat the person as an individual
- Be aware of the person’s ability to understand and make decisions for
themselves. Never make assumptions based on a diagnosis.
- Do your best to make people in your care feel happy, comfortable and included
- What is the impact of your behaviour and your actions on the individual?
- The person how they would like to be addressed
- The person about their preferences, wishes and cultural needs,
family set up and life story
- Involve the person, and their next of kin when appropriate,
in all discussions and decisions
- Make sure the person has as much choice as possible in their clothing, as in all areas of their life
Endorsers: Age UK; British Geriatrics Society; AGILE Chartered Society of Physiotherapists; Cardiff University; College of Occupational Therapists; Department of Health; English Community Care Association; The Relatives and Residents Association; Royal College of Nursing