Dignity 2010 - Eating and Drinking
Think: Does the person need any help with eating; need special cutlery or equipment...
Download Wall Poster and A5 Flyer
- Does the person
need any help with eating?
need special cutlery or equipment?
have the opportunity to wash their hands before and after eating?
- Has the person been given a choice of food and drink?
- Does the person have any difficulty swallowing?
- Ensure a choice of food and drink to meet any special needs
- Make sure food and drink is in easy reach
- Help with eating and drinking if needed
- Let the person take their time – eating should be a sociable and pleasurable activity
For more information, or to request a supply of posters or flyers, please contact: Mark Stewart by or telephone 020 7608 8575
Endorsers: Age UK; British Geriatrics Society; AGILE (Chartered Society of Physiotherapists); Cardiff University; College of Occupational Therapists; Department of Health; English Community Care Association; The Relatives and Residents Association; Royal College of Nursing