Stroke Medicine, 8/2/18, RCPE Edinburgh
We would like to bring to your attention the RCPE’s spring symposium “Stroke Medicine” which will be of interest to all healthcare professionals who look after stroke patients.
Talks will include:
- Imaging of ischaemic and haemorrhagic stroke
- Mechanical thrombectomy for ischemic stroke
- Management of intracerebral haemorrhage
- When to close patent foramen ovale (PFO) after ischaemic stroke?
- Oral anticoagulation after ischaemic stroke - when is best?
- Sex life after stroke
- A hot topic in stroke research
- Why does cerebral small vessel disease matter?
- Cognition after stroke - is decline preventable?
- Vision and stroke - what to do?
Call for abstracts
- As part of this symposium we are seeking abstracts from trainees to present an interesting or challenging case related to Stroke.
- Each presentation will be 7 minutes long, followed by 3 minutes for questions. Interactive voting will be encouraged during the presentations.
- Abstracts not chosen for oral presentation may become part of a poster display at the symposium.
- The closing date for abstract submissions is 4 December 2017.
The Early Bird fee is available until 10 January 2018. Please visit: http://events.rcpe.ac.uk/events/549/stroke-medicine-conference to access the full programme and registration details.