Dignity 2010 - Communication
- Created on 03 March 2010
- Written by J Morris/D Sturdy
- Hits: 2886
Think: Have you understood the person and has the person understood you?
Download Wall Poster and A5 Flyer
- Have you have understood the person and has the person understood you?
- Has the person been assessed for hearing, sight and language difficulties?
- If any aids they are using are working correctly
- Use plain language and simple explanations
- Maintain eye contact with the person
Endorsers: Age UK; British Geriatrics Society; AGILE (Chartered Society of Physiotherapists); Cardiff University; College of Occupational Therapists; Department of Health; English Community Care Association; The Relatives and Residents Association; Royal College of Nursing