Perioperative Nursing: 23/04/18, RCN London
Supporting the patient journey - RCN Perioperative Nursing Workshop 2018
Date: Monday 23rd April 2018
Time: Registration 10.30am, Workshop 11.00am – 3.30pm
Venue: RCN HQ, 20 Cavendish Square, London, W1G 0RN
Overview: Join us for this workshop as we explore the perioperative patient journey from preoperative assessment to discharge. Whether you are a new staff nurse, returning to practice or an experienced perioperative nurse, this workshop is your invaluable learning opportunity to develop your confidence and competence within perioperative care.
• Understanding the requirements of your patient
• Helping to optimise health of patient before an operation
• The phenology of operating theatres
• The importance and interpretation of the WHO checklist
• Surgical site infection and the ‘One Together’ toolkit
• The patient experience in recovery
• The elderly patient journey
CPD: Accrue over 5 hours of CPD at the workshop. At the end of the workshop delegates will be given an interactive case study to write up which will bring together their learning from the day, and can be used as a reflective piece for revalidation.
Price: £50.00 plus VAT (£60.00). Workshop open to RCN members and non-members.
To book: Places are limited. Book online, call RCN Event Registrations on 029 2054 6460 or complete and return the attached booking form to secure yours.
Event contact: Liz Russ, RCN Conference & Events Organiser
0207 647 3591