Falls and Bone Health
Welcome to the Falls Prevention and Bone Health Section. The Section is constitutionally part of the British Geriatrics Society, and was founded in 2001
Co-Chairs: Dr Celia Gregson () and Dr Ruma Dutta ()
Secretary: Dr Jane Youde
Treasurer: Mrs Julie Whitney
Membership: is open to all members of the Society as well as non-members. For the latter, membership is subject to constitutional criteria which require that 50% of the Section membership shall be members of the BGS. To join, please click here (please note you will be re-directed to our events site where you can register and pay your one off subscription online.
- To draw together, identify and coordinate expertise and interest in the field of falls and bone health amongst members of the Society.
- To provide an informal forum to present clinical work and research.
- To promote, by interchange of ideas, research of high quality and so indirectly assist the group to acquire financial support for studies in falls and bone health.
- To improve the quality of care for older people at risk of falls and fractures.
- To act as a focus for multidisciplinary interest and expertise on fall prevention and bone health and to interface with other relevant organisations.
- In certain circumstances, to act through the membership as a coordinating group for larger scale multi-centre studies, either by providing a network for an existing member or department, or less frequently, by mounting a centrally organised exercise.