Dignity 2010 - Mobility
Think: Treat the person as an individual and be aware of the person's ability to understand and make decisions for themselves...
Download Wall Poster and A5 Flyer
- Is the person able to leave their bed/chair and move around without help?
- If they need any equipment, is it available?
- Have any risks been identified and addressed?
- How can you help them maintain or regain their independence?
- The person (or their next of kin) about their NORMAL mobility and routine
- Encourage the person to move around
- Ensure that walking aids are available and accessible
- Check the person’s foot hygiene and toenails
- Ensure the person’s footwear is clean and well fitting
- Ensure the person has appropriate seating and is positioned correctly
For more information, or to request a supply of posters or flyers, please contact: Mark Stewart by or
telephone 020 7608 8575
Endorsers: Age UK; British Geriatrics Society; AGILE (Chartered Society of Physiotherapists; Cardiff University; College of Occupational Therapists; Department of Health; English Community Care Association; The Relatives and Residents Association; Royal College of Nursing