Dignity 2010 - Using the Toilet
Think: Has the person had an assessment of their toileting needs...
Download Wall Poster and A5 Flyer
- Has the person had an assessment of their toileting needs i.e.
How frequently they require the toilet
What aids they require
- Has the person's privacy and dignity been maintained?
- Does the person have a choice regarding their use of the toilet?
- Offer timely and prompt assistance if required
- Offer the opportunity for hand washing and check fingernails for cleanliness and length
For more information, or to request a supply of posters or flyers, please contact: Mark Stewart by email or telephone 020 7608 8575
Endorsers: Age UK; British Geriatrics Society; AGILE (Chartered Society of Physiotherapists); Cardiff University; College of Occupational Therapists; Department of Health; English Community Care Association; The Relatives and Residents Association; Royal College of Nursing