Our work would be impossible without the active contribution of our members and other supporters. There are ample opportunities for you to get involved, both in sharing learning and in helping to shape the future of the society itself.
- Look out for national officer and committee vacancies in BGS Newsletter and in our monthly e-bulletin
- Attend our bi-annual conferences and other meetings to network with colleagues from all relevant disciplines from across the UK
- Submit an abstract to our major meetings to showcase your research findings
- Join one or more of our Special Interest Groups and Sections, which focus on specific health issues affecting older people
- Get involved locally! Our national Councils in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, and regional offices throughout England, hold clinical meetings once or twice each year. They are always pleased to hear from new members wanting to get involved
- If you are geriatrics trainee, or a nurse or AHP, make sure you are signed up to our Trainees Council or Nurses and AHPs Council. Both are influential within the Society with seats at the ‘top table’, our Trustee Board
- If you are a GP and BGS member, please sign up for our GP’s group, GeriGPs
- Blog for us! Tell us about how things are locally or draw readers’ attention to a specific experience or issue you care about. Our blog is viewed around times 10,000 each month making it one of the best ways to communicate with fellow members and other followers
- Follow us on Twitter @Gerisoc, we have 15,000 followers. Or better still become one of our tweeters.
To find out more about any of these opportunities, please email membership [at] bgs [dot] org [dot] uk (Disha Rabadian)