November Newsletter out now
The November 2012 issue of the BGS newsletter is out now. Visit the online archive of newsletters here.
Highlights of this issue include The Liverpool Care Pathway and end of life care planning, intermediate care services, the Care Quality Commission, admission avoidance policies, mental health inpatients and older people's access to surgical treatments.
Full contents list:
- Flexible Specialist Training
- Mental health inpatients - away from managing beds and buildings to managing patients and pathways
- President’s column
- Demand Outstrips Capacity for Intermediate Care Services - First National Audit of Intermediate Care
- BGS Communications Update
- The National Osteoporosis Society and Age UK launch collaboration on Falls and Fractures
- Bladder and Bowel Problems in Older People- Conference Report, Liverpool, October 2012
- National Policy Update
- Patient Power: Total Hip Replacement
- Case study - Integrated Care for Older People South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust and Partners
- Diabetes update
- National Hip Fracture Database - 2012 Report
- ‘Practising Professional’ : My experience of working with the Care Quality Commission
- Do policies that promote admission avoidance benefit or disadvantage older people?
- Access all Ages: assessing the impact of age on access to surgical treatment
- Liverpool Care Pathway - Maligned and Misunderstood
- Improving end-of-life care: professional development for physicians
- Memories of Service in the Armed Forces and National Service