2023 24th International Conference on Falls and Postural Stability
OnDemand Access: This information was up-to-date at the time of the presentation but does not take into account material published since then.
The programme will take an in-depth review of the World Falls Guidelines (WFG) delivered by members of the WFG working group and other topics will include the overlap between falls and fainting, the vestibular system, dizziness and an up to date overview of current local, regional and national falls prevention initiatives.
Delegates will be able to choose 1 of the following interactive workshops below:
- How to assess gait clinically in fallers
- The patient safety interim framework – how to investigate fall related incidents
- Bedside vestibular tests
Flexible attendance options:
Who should attend:
Please download and share our digital flyer and encourage your networks to register for the Meeting. The Programme will be of particular interest to:
- Consultants & specialist doctors in geriatric medicine
- Medics and Healthcare professionals training in related specialties
- GPs with an Extended Role in Older People and GP trainees
- Nurses and allied health professionals
- Advanced and Specialist practitioner
- Consultant Practitioners/Consultant Nurses
- Physician Associates
- Internal Medicine Trainees (especially those considering a career in geriatric medicine)
- Medical, Nursing, Allied Health professional students
- Researchers into Ageing and Age-Related Conditions
- Understand more on the key areas & challenges faced in geriatric medicine
- Hear focused presentations on core areas of the geriatric medicine
- Present the latest scientific research to British Geriatrics Society members and elected officers
- Attend small group workshop sessions
- Network & socialise with other healthcare professionals
Abstract submission is now closed, successful submitters will be notified in due course and be assigned to the Programme as platform or poster presentations.
Cost to attend
|All fees inclusive of VAT
Virtual meeting Fee
|Senior Doctors – Post CCT or CESR CP Professions
Pre CCT or CESR CP Professions, Healthcare professionals (Nurses, Physiotherapists, Researchers)
|Retired member/ Students (Undergraduates in Medical School, Nursing or AHP courses)
*An early bird discount of 10% is available until 29 July 2023
** Card payments only. We don't accept PO or invoice payments
CPD and Post Event Access
We understand that you may not be able to tune-in to a live-streamed event or webinar as a result of clinical pressures. Therefore, if you view an archived version of a Federation-approved live-streamed event or live webinar within four weeks of it being broadcast you can still claim it as an approved external CPD course.
BGS won't send certificates if you watch post event
The live CPD codes will be found in the RCP diary.
After 4 weeks post-broadcast date
This will be classed by the RCP as distance learning and will be assigned a distance learning code and can be added to the diary as usual distance learning activities would be.
- As long as you are registered you can access the event live, or for up to 12 months post-broadcast via the platform
- The videos are instantly available
- You can rewatch content for 12 months if you can’t join them all live.
- The RCP will allow you to claim CPD for up to 12 months after the delivery of a meeting where the archives are accessible.
- If you watch you will need to record this in your CPD diary using the event code and hours but we won’t send a certificate for people who only watch post event.
- Further information about CPD can be found here https://www.federationcpd.org/covid-19
For the 2022/23 CPD year there will be no limit to the number of external credits that can be claimed for distance learning. In addition to the maximum of 10 approved distance learning credits you may add under the ‘Add Approved Entry’ tab, you may also add unlisted distance learning under the ‘Add Self-Certified Entry’ tab under the ‘Distance Learning’ sub-section. You will need to add them as an ‘External Self-Certified Distance Learning, Clinical or Non-Clinical’. Reading articles in online journals and e-libraries that are not approved should still be recorded as personal selfcertified distance learning. Online mandatory training required by your employer should still be recorded as internal CPD.
BGS have identified some good value rates at hotels
Other sites and booking directly with the hotels may be cheaper - please do shop around.
BGS members can find preferential rates at the Hilton chain and Yotel chains using the details below as well.
- Log on to www.hilton.com
- Put in the location and dates
- Click on advanced search
- Click on Add a special rate code
- In the corporate account box, type in 113011292
Session 1 09.30 -11.00Session 1 Falls: Fainting and Balance
Session 2 11.30 - 12.30Session 2 World Falls Guidelines in Practice
Symposium 13.00 - 13.30New approaches for the optimal management of hypovitaminosis DDr Thomas Barber, consultant Endocrinologist and Associate Clinical Professor, UHCW and University of Warwick
Flynn Pharma Ltd have provided a sponsorship grant towards this independent Programme. Flynn Pharma ltd has had no editorial input into or control over the agenda, content development or choice of speakers, except for the Flynn pharma sponsored symposia presentations.No, not attending Symposium
Session 3 13.30 - 14.30Session 3 Workshop 1How to assess gait clinically in fallersStream 2 Workshop 2The patient safety interim framework – how to investigate fall related incidentsSession 3 Workshop 3Bedside vestibular tests
Session 4 14.35 - 15.30Session 4 Platform Presentations
Session 5 15.45 - 16.30Session 5 Community