2024 Northern Ireland and Royal College of Psychiatrists Old Age Faculty Joint Meeting
Flexible attendance options & registration fees for 2024: In person or online
There is no difference in registration fees for in person and online meeting attendance. The registration fee provides access to the conference or online platform for the days you are registered. On demand viewing post event will be limited to the days for which you have registered and paid.
There is a flexible transfer from in person to online attendance as clinical service and life balance require. Please check our FAQs first for any queries you may have about attendance or on demand watching.
Who should attend:
- Consultants & specialist doctors in geriatric medicine
- Medics and Healthcare professionals training in related specialties
- GPs with an Extended Role in Older People and GP trainees
- Nurses and allied health professionals
- Advanced and Specialist practitioner
- Consultant Practitioners/Consultant Nurses
- Physician Associates
- Internal Medicine Trainees (especially those considering a career in geriatric medicine)
- Medical, Nursing, Allied Health professional students
- Researchers into Ageing and Age-Related Conditions
- Understand more on the key areas & challenges faced in geriatric medicine
- Hear focused presentations on core areas of the geriatric medicine
- Present the latest scientific research to British Geriatrics Society members and elected officers
- Attend small group workshop sessions
- Network & socialise with other healthcare professionals
|All fees inclusive of VAT.
|Senior Doctors – Post CCT or CESR CP Professions
|Pre CCT or CESR CP Professions, Healthcare professionals (Nurses, Physiotherapists, Researchers)
|Retired member/ Students (Undergraduates in Medical School, Nursing or AHP courses)
|Card payments only. We don't accept PO or invoice payments.
*An early bird discount of 10% is available until 6 December 2023.
Your organization can register attendees and pay the registration fee by card only they hold on your behalf (A Proxy registration). There isn’t an option for invoice payment for our virtual and hybrid conferences. The steps for a proxy registration are outlined on https://www.bgs.org.uk/hybrid-event-participants.
We understand that you may not be able to tune-in to a live-streamed event or webinar as a result of clinical pressures. Therefore, if you view an archived version of a Federation-approved live-streamed event or live webinar within four weeks of it being broadcast you can still claim it as an approved external CPD course. BGS won't send certificates if you watch post event.
The live CPD codes will be found in the RCP diary.
After 4 weeks post-broadcast date
This will be classed by the RCP as distance learning and will be assigned a distance learning code and can be added to the diary as usual distance learning activities would be.
- As long as you are registered you can access the event live, or for up to 12 months post-broadcast via the platform
- The videos are instantly available
- You can rewatch content for 12 months if you can’t join them all live.
- The RCP will allow you to claim CPD for up to 12 months after the delivery of a meeting where the archives are accessible.
- If you watch you will need to record this in your CPD diary using the event code and hours but we won’t send a certificate for people who only watch post event.
- Further information about CPD can be found here https://www.federationcpd.org/covid-19.
For the 2022/23 CPD year there will be no limit to the number of external credits that can be claimed for distance learning. In addition to the maximum of 10 approved distance learning credits you may add under the ‘Add Approved Entry’ tab, you may also add unlisted distance learning under the ‘Add Self-Certified Entry’ tab under the ‘Distance Learning’ sub-section. You will need to add them as an ‘External Self-Certified Distance Learning, Clinical or Non-Clinical’. Reading articles in online journals and e-libraries that are not approved should still be recorded as personal self-certified distance learning. Online mandatory training required by your employer should still be recorded as internal CPD.
The Stormont Hotel, Belfast is located just minutes away from Belfast City Centre, adjacent to Stormont Estate. There is complimentary car parking onsite and the hotel is located on the Glider bus route with regular Gliders and buses travelling on the Upper Newtownards Road. Bus stops are located outside Stormont Estate and Stormont Hotel. The nearest bus station is Belfast Lanyon Place.