21st International Conference on Falls and Postural Stability
To adapt to the current world, BGS meetings to the end of 2020 will be delivered virtually.
Participants can expect the same high-quality educational content as in a face-to-face meeting, and there will be opportunities for virtual delegates to network before, during and after each meeting. Participants joining live will be able to engage with presenters and sponsors through interactive activities during the session, as well as through 1 to 1 and group calls and chats. Recordings of the presentations will be accessible post-event.
Participants will attend via Swapcard who provides simple access via web browser, tablet or phone. A browser other than Internet Explorer (IE) needs to be used. Found out how to participate in our vitual conferences and navigate the online platform.
Registration fees are being reduced by 50%, and travel and accommodation costs will not be incurred.
The BGS is accepting abstract submissions for 21st International Conference on Falls and Postural Stability. There is a call for COVID19 related submissions. Assessors will review abstracts online and posters will be displayed on the BGS website. Please submit via our abstracts portal. Deadline is 5pm on 14 August 2020 .
Who should attend:
The meeting will be of benefit to all healthcare professionals involved in falls and mobility medicine, geriatric medicine and healthcare of older people:
- Consultants and Professors of Geriatric Medicine
- Specialty Doctors
- Specialist Registrars (StRs) in Geriatric Medicine and related specialties
- Nurse Consultants, Nurse Specialists and Advanced Nurse Practitioners
- GPs and GP Trainees
- Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Allied Health Professionals
- Researchers into ageing and age-related conditions
- Core Medical Trainees and Foundation Year Doctors
- Medical Students
- Further attendee’s overall knowledge and understanding of current research and practice in healthcare of older people in core and difficult areas
- Improve attendee’s skills in the treatment and care of older people
- Inspire attendees to achieve personnel excellence in healthcare of older people
- Take away new activities and ideas to progress their workplace’s services
BGS goes virtual - Falls 2020
Cost to attend virtual event
Fee (Inc VAT)
|Consultant / GP||£50||£70|
|SAS Grade / StR / GP Trainee||£40||£56|
|Allied Health Professional||£30||£42|
|CMT / Foundation Year Doctor||£30||£42|
*There is a 10% early bird discount available before 24th July 2020