21st International Conference on Falls and Postural Stability: On Demand
To adapt to the current world, BGS meetings to the end of 2020 will be delivered virtually. As the event is now passed you can continue to register and pay to access the event recordings for 12 months post- broadcast.
Participants will attend via Swapcard who provides simple access via web browser, tablet or phone. A browser other than Internet Explorer (IE) needs to be used. Found out how to participate in our vitual conferences and navigate the online platform.
Registration fees are being reduced by 50%, and travel and accommodation costs will not be incurred.
Who should attend:
The meeting will be of benefit to all healthcare professionals involved in falls and mobility medicine, geriatric medicine and healthcare of older people:
- Consultants and Professors of Geriatric Medicine
- Specialty Doctors
- Specialist Registrars (StRs) in Geriatric Medicine and related specialties
- Nurse Consultants, Nurse Specialists and Advanced Nurse Practitioners
- GPs with an interest in the care of Older People and GP trainees
- Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Allied Health Professionals
- Researchers into ageing and age-related conditions
- Core Medical Trainees and Foundation Year Doctors
- Medical Students
- Further attendee’s overall knowledge and understanding of current research and practice in healthcare of older people in core and difficult areas
- Improve attendee’s skills in the treatment and care of older people
- Inspire attendees to achieve personnel excellence in healthcare of older people
- Take away new activities and ideas to progress their workplace’s services
Post Event Access
If you couldn't join live you can watch the sessions on demand for up to 12 months after the live broadcast. You will need to be registered for the meeting. Once registered, or if returning please follow the steps below
- Login to the Swapcard platform. If not received already logged in can you visit login.swapcard.com
- Follow the steps to login
- If forgotten your password use the forgot password link. When prompted, write the email address you provided when registering for the event. On the password page, click 'Send me a magic link'. You will be emailed a login link from the address hello [at] swapcard [dot] com. Check your spam folder if you don’t appear to receive the link.
- Use the button “Programme” to access recording
- See this video on how to navigate to see the recordings https://vimeo.com/460635161/6dfbcde2f6
- Once in Swapcard, click on programme and then into the session you want to watch.
- When in the session page the video will start playing automatically
- The RCP will allow you to claim CPD for up to 12 months after the delivery of a meeting, where the archives are accessible as they are in the platform, as dinstance learning.
- If you watch you will need to record this in your CPD diary using the event code and hours but we won’t send a certificate for people who only watch post-event.
Further information about CPD
For the 2020/21 CPD year there will be no limit to the number of external credits that can be claimed for distance learning. In addition to the maximum of 10 approved distance learning credits you may add under the ‘Add Approved Entry’ tab, you may also add unlisted distance learning under the ‘Add Self-Certified Entry’ tab under the ‘Distance Learning’ sub-section. You will need to add them as an ‘External Self-Certified Distance Learning, Clinical or Non-Clinical’. Reading articles in online journals and e-libraries that are not approved should still be recorded as personal selfcertified distance learning. Online mandatory training required by your employer should still be recorded as internal CPD.
Cost to attend virtual event
Fee (Inc VAT)
|Consultant / GP||£50||£70|
|SAS Grade / StR / GP Trainee/ IMT||£40||£56|
|Allied Health Professional||£30||£42|
|Foundation Year Doctor||£20||£28|
*There is a 10% early bird discount available before 24th July 2020