Frailty and Urgent Care Meeting 2019
Who should attend:
- Consultants & specialist doctors in acute, emergency or geriatric medicine
- Researchers in acute, emergency or geriatric medicine
- Doctors training in related specialties
- GPs wsi in Older People and GP trainees
- Nurses and allied health professionals in acute, emergency and geriatric healthcare
- Core medical trainees considering a career in acute, emergency or geriatric medicine
- Improve attendee's skills in the urgent care of frail older people
- Inspire attendees to achieve personal excellence in the urgent healthcare of older people
- Share focused best practice presentations and the latest research in urgent care of older people
- Takeaway new activities and ideas to advance attendees' workplace services
Frailty and Urgent Care Meeting Abstracts
Abstracts are encouraged and will be accepted as posters to be displayed at the meeting. DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF ABSTRACTS: 5pm on 7th January 2019
Please read the instructions below before preparing your abstract.
Your abstract must include:
• A title
• Names of authors (presenting author to be underlined)
• Provenance (i.e. place of work)
• Contact details (including telephone number, fax number and email address) The abstract text should be no longer than 300 words and must be in English. Where possible, please use the four standard sub-headings of:
Abstracts are encouraged for submission and presentation at the meeting. Please prepare your abstract as detailed above and submit your abstract before 5pm 7th January 2019 by email to scientificofficer [at] bgs [dot] org [dot] uk
All abstracts are considered by a scientific committee.
The results of adjudication will be notified to first named authors within two weeks of the closing date.
If you have any questions please call the abstracts manager on 0207 608 8574
For more details on preparing and submitting an abstract for a BGS meeting please see here
We have appointed BCD Meetings & Events as the official accommodation agency to support the conference. BCD have a team of expects that can assist with individual or group requirements and will always ensure they secure the very best hotel rates conveniently located to etc venues, Birmingham. We recommend that you book accommodation early to ensure you access the best hotel options and lowest rates.
Hotel bookings for British Geriatrics Society Frailty and Urgent Care Meeting are managed by BCD M&E and HotelMap. If you would like assistance with your hotel booking, you can contact Sarah, the dedicated hotel adviser for this event. Her email address is Sarah [at] bcdme [dot] com - Send your requirements and phone number and Sarah will get back to you with hotel options - You can also phone her, seven days a week, on +44 (0) 207 870 4100.
Cost to attend
|BGS/ SAM or RCEMMember
Day Fee (inc VAT)
Day Fee (Inc VAT)
|Consultant / GP||£100||
|SAS Grade / StR / GP Trainee||£80||£100|
|Allied Health Professional||£60||£80|
|Researchers in Age and Age Related conditions||£60||£80|
|CMT / Foundation Year Doctor||£60||£80|
Day 1 Session 1 10.00 - 11.30Session 1
Day 1 Session 2 12.00 - 13.00Session 2
Day 1 Session 3 14.00 - 15.30Session 3
Day 1 Session 4 16.00 - 17.00Session 4