What’s in it for you?
- A full day of relevant and interesting educational sessions related to Geriatric Medicine
- Practical and useful updates for your day-to-day practice on the hospital medical wards
- Session on career choices, CV building, applying to specialty, and the truth about life as a registrar
- A certificate of attendance for your e-portfolio
- Our ‘CotE Champions’ poster competition will be highlighting some of the work our delegates have been doing to improve the standard of care for older patients!
- There will also be a ‘World Cafe’ of informal discussions regarding career options, applying to specialty, and tips for improving your clinical practice within the various sub-specialty fields.
We want to hear about Audits and Quality Improvement Projects, done by junior doctors, focusing on issues relating to Geriatric Medicine and the care of older patients. Successful authors will have their poster displayed at the conference, with the top projects receiving the ‘Kate Granger Prize’ for dedication to improving standards of care for older patients. Full details and entry at aeme.org.uk/g4j18-posters.
How much will it cost?
Only £55, for an incredible day of talks from some fantastic speakers, with lunch and tea/coffee included.
Any more questions?
Join us on Twitter (@ElderlyMedEd), or sign up for email updates using the form at the bottom of this page to keep up with the latest developments.
Cost to attend
Day Fee (inc VAT)
Day Fee (Inc VAT)
|Consultant / GP||£55||
|SAS Grade / StR / GP Trainee||£55||£55|
|Allied Health Professional||£55||£55|
|CMT / Foundation Year Doctor||£55||£55|
Session 1 09.30 - 11.00Session 1
09.30 CGA - Confusing Giraffe Animations? Crazy Geometric Algebra?
10.00 What I wish I knew about Parkinson's Disease as a Junior Doctor
10.30 What research in Geriatrics has to offer
11.00 Coffee break
Session 2 11.20 - 12.20Session 2
11.20 Top tips for when suspected stroke enters the ED
11.50 My night as the Med Reg
Session 3 12.20 - 14.00 Lunch including ‘World Cafe’ drop-in sessions, poster viewing, & optional sessionsLunchAsk a registrar: Being the ‘Med Reg’Ask a registrar: Life as a Geriatrics TraineeBoth "Ask a registrar" sessionsOlder Peoples Fellowship and Quality Improvement Projects for Specialist Nurses
Session 4 14.00 - 16.00Session 4
14.00 Poster Prize Awards
14.10 "My patient won't eat!" - Approaches to nutrition in the older person
14.40 Dizziness - which way do I turn?
15.10 "I've got power of attorney" - legal and ethical challenges in Geriatric Medicine
15.40 - Coffee Break
Session 5 16.00 -17.15Session 5
16.00 How can Age UK and Junior Doctors work together?
16.15 Delirium? - Meh!
16.45 Polypharmacy - The musical!