Northern Region Spring Meeting 2021
This event is a local forum covering the latest scientific research and the best clinical practice in care of older people. This meeting will cover core areas of interest to all specialists responsible for the health care of older people and is open to attendees from near and far.
Although this webinar is being organised by BGS Northern, all healthcare professionals are welcome to register regardless of geographical location.
The morning will be for Northern region Geriatric medicine registrars training and the afternoon a webinar, free for all BGS members and for a small fee for non members.
We will be using Microsoft Teams Live Event. Read more about joining a Teams Live Event here
Who should join:
All professionals providing healthcare to older people
How to participate:
- Use the Q&A function to interact with the presenters. Find out how to use Teams
- Participate to Polls via Slido #BGSNorthern21. Learn how to join
- Connect on Twitter @GeriSoc #BGSConf
Before joining this live event:
- Make sure your browser allows third-party cookies.
- Ensure your browser supports Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Azure Media Player.
- There is a Q&A function to interact with the presenters. Familiarise yourself with the details here before the meeting.
- Check your emails for the joining link. Any issues please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who should attend:
- Consultants & specialist doctors in geriatric medicine
- Researchers into Ageing and Age-Related Conditions
- Doctors training in related specialties
- GPs with an Extended Role in Older People and GP trainees
- Nurses and allied health professionals
- Advanced and Specialist practitioners
- Consultant Practitioners/Consultant Nurses
- Physician Associates
- Internal Medicine Trainees (especially those considering a career in geriatric medicine)
- Medical, Nursing, Allied Health professional students
- Understand more on the key areas & challenges faced in geriatric medicine
- Hear focused presentations on core areas of the geriatric medicine
- Present the latest scientific research to British Geriatrics Society members and elected officers
- Attend small group workshop sessions
- Network & socialise with other healthcare professionals
Cost to attend
|24th March Non-Member
Fee (Inc VAT)
24th March BGS Member
|Senior Doctors: Consultant / GP||
SAS Grade / StR / GP Trainee/IMT/Foundation Year Doctor
|Healthcare Professionals: Nurse Allied Health Professional||£17.50||Free|
|Retired/ Medical Student||£12.50||Free|
A 20% early bird discount is available until 24th January. Register soon!