Mr Colin Nee
Areas of reponsibility
- Leading and managing the BGS’s staff team
- Working closely with the President, trustees and staff to develop and carry out long-term strategy
- Building partnerships with other organisations
- Lead responsibility for the society’s administration and financial wellbeing
- Ensuring BGS complies with its constitution, the law and regulations
- Ensuring that any complaints are properly managed
- Leads on ensuring compliance with data protection regulations
- Leads on legacies
Colin has led the development of a number of award winning national and international charities as chief executive. He has been a trustee of a number of organisations including the Terrence Higgins Trust, the New Economics Foundation, the Directory of Social Change and Rich Mix, East London’s independent arts centre, and the Karen Woo Foundation.
Since becoming Chief Executive in 2013, Colin has led the first ever large scale review of BGS’s member services and communications, driven growth in membership, and continued modernising BGS’s governance. He has expanded the staff team to upgrade communications, policy influencing and member support, led the re-branding of the BGS and the development of its new website, and encouraged greater multi-disciplinary involvement within the Society.