January 2019 issue of Age and Ageing journal is out now
The January 2019 issue of Age and Ageing, the journal of the British Geriatrics Society is out now.
A full table of contents is available here, with editorials, research papers, expert reviews, short reports, case reports and more. Hot topics in this issue include:
- New guidelines for diagnosis of sarcopenia
- Hepatitis B and C in the older adult
- Perceptions of older people about their alcohol consumption
- Deterioration in physical function associated with caregiving for a spouse
- Decision support tools in advanced dementia
The Editor’s View article gives an overview of the issue with a summary of highlights. This article is free to read and can be viewed here.
There are more Open Access articles in this issue which can be read and downloaded for free:
- Sarcopenia: revised European consensus on definition and diagnosis
- Impact of social care supply on healthcare utilisation by older adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- Fact Box decision support tools reduce decisional conflict about antibiotics for pneumonia and artificial hydration in advanced dementia: a randomized controlled trail
- Identifying care-home residents in routine healthcare datasets: a diagnostic test accuracy study of five methods
- Drinking in later life: a systematic review and thematic synthesis of qualitative studies exploring older people’s perceptions and experiences