Vacancy: Chair of the BGS Northern Region
The Northern region of the British Geriatrics Society is seeking to appoint a new Chair and expressions of interest are now invited for this position.
The term of office is three years.
Those interested in applying for the post are asked to contact Mark Stewart, BGS Office and Business Manager on 0207 608 8575, committees [at] bgs [dot] org [dot] uk
The closing date for the receipt of applications in the form of a short expression of interest and covering CV is midnight on the 30 October 2018. Applications should only be submitted by those who are fully paid up members of the BGS and who are also members of the Northern region.
Duties of a BGS regional Chair
- To provide leadership to the regional committee
- To guide the local organisers in the organisation of the biannual meeting
- To write and present the Chair’s report to the regional meetings
- To provide 6-monthly regional news and policy updates for publication (likely to be in BGS Newsletter, or e-bulletin, and/or on website)
- To ensure a representative from the region attends each meeting of the England Council
- To ensure that key issues arising in the region are brought to the attention of England Council
NB: The Chair may simultaneously hold the position of the regional representative on England Council. However, if the role of the regional representative is held by someone else, the Chair must ensure that the regional representative attends each meeting of the England Council and reports back on the Council’s deliberations.