Vacancy: BGS Mersey Region Trainee Representative
Would you like to help improve healthcare for older people by being a key BGS representative in your region and undertaking the following?
- Create a supportive and collaborative local environment for fellow healthcare professionals
- Support training and improve opportunities for education
- Help strengthen the multi-disciplinary community of BGS members
- Influence decisions taken at a regional level in relation to the specialty
- Promote local talent and research
- Facilitate networking within your region
If the answer is yes, then we would love to hear from you!
Further duties include
- Finding local organisers for future meetings, suggesting programme topics and speakers, and ensuring all events meet the needs of a multidisciplinary audience.
- Encouraging the promotion of local research and quality improvement initiatives by publicising calls for abstracts.
- Facilitating networking at meetings and within the region to support the sharing of best practice at a local level and collaboration between BGS members.
- Gathering feedback from delegates and suggesting improvements and new ideas for future meetings.
- Maintaining and updating the region’s webpage on the BGS website.
Please email a short expression of interest and your covering CV to M [dot] Stewart [at] bgs [dot] org [dot] uk BGS Office and Business Manager. Deadline for applications: 21 March 2021 (5pm).
If you have any questions, please call 0207 608 8575 for more information.
The BGS welcomes expressions of interest in this role from all healthcare professionals working with older people, including nurses and allied health professionals, at any stage of their career.
Please note, you must be a current paid member of the BGS and work within the Mersey region to be eligible for this voluntary role. You can join the BGS here.