Vacancy: BGS Policy Manager
Based in Farringdon, London EC1
Remuneration package: £44,000 per annum plus substantial pension contribution (11% of gross salary)
Closing date for applications: Midnight on Sunday 27 January 2019
Panel interviews for short listed applicants: Wednesday 13 February 2019 in Farringdon, Central London
The British Geriatrics Society is the professional membership organisation for doctors, nurses and other healthcare specialists engaged in the treatment and care of older people across the UK. We have over 3,800 members. We are a registered charity aiming to improve the healthcare of older people. We are based in Farringdon, a vibrant area in Central London.
We are recruiting a full-time Policy Manager to maximise our influence across all four countries of the UK:
• Developing and promoting the BGS’s policy positions
• Coordinating and drafting responses to consultations
• Developing and delivering proactive policy projects
• Providing policy horizon scanning
• Networking, acting as a BGS ambassador and providing high level policy advocacy
• Helping BGS Councils in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to respond to their distinctive policy challenges
• Evaluating the impact of major policy projects.
• An experienced, senior policy professional: at least two years’ experience of senior responsibility for policy influencing or public affairs in a UK national charity or public sector organisation
• Committed to improving the healthcare of older people
• First rate writing skills, with experience of writing for a range of audiences
• Excellent networking skills, with proven ability to build relationships at a senior level
• Must enjoy working in a small team, and a very varied and busy workload
• Experience of the UK healthcare landscape is desirable but not essential.
Download the Information Pack in the sidebar for the job description, person specification and how to apply.
No recruitment agency enquiries, please.