Vacancy: BGS West Midlands Chair
Would you like a chance to promote local talent and research, facilitate networking within the region, and influence decisions taken at a regional level in relation to the specialty?
The West Midlands region of the British Geriatrics Society is seeking to appoint a new Chair for a three-year term and expressions of interest are now invited for this key voluntary position.
The Chair role provides a great opportunity for a BGS member, based in the West Midlands region, to help to create a supportive and collaborative local environment for fellow healthcare professionals specialising in the care of older people.
- To provide leadership to the regional committee
- Chairing regional meetings
- Contributing to the monthly regional e-bulletin issued by the BGS
- To write and present the Chair’s report to the regional meetings
- To ensure a representative from the region attends each meeting of the England Council (and to deputise for this person if they are unable to attend)
- To ensure that key issues arising in the region are brought to the attention of England Council
The BGS welcomes expressions of interest in this role from all healthcare professionals working with older people, including nurses and allied health professionals, at any stage of their career.
If you are keen to help strengthen the multi-disciplinary community of BGS members in the West Midlands region, we’d love to hear from you. Please email a short expression of interest and your covering CV to M [dot] Stewart [at] bgs [dot] org [dot] uk (Mark Stewart), BGS Office and Business Manager. If you have any questions please call 0207 608 8575 for more information. The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 9 April 2021.
Please note, you must be a current paid member of the BGS and work within the North West region to be eligible for this role.
You can join the BGS here.