Virtual Event Participants
Participants can expect the same high-quality educational content as in a face-to-face meeting, and there will be opportunities for virtual delegates to network before, during and after each meeting. Participants joining live will be able to engage with presenters and sponsors through interactive activities during the session, as well as through 1-to-1 and group calls and chats. Recordings of the presentations will be accessible post-event.
Participants will attend via Swapcard who provides simple access via web browser, tablet or phone. Discover Swapcard's virtual event features in 90 seconds!
- Test your connection before the event.
- Set up your participant profile well in advance so other participants can contact you. These articles will help you if you have questions.
- Connect with people before the event starts. Follow this how-to-guide.
- Book your schedule. The platform allows you to explore and bookmark your session choices prior to the event. Find out more on this short video. The link to the virtual event is displayed on the event registration page and in the confirmation email.
- A browser other than Internet Explorer (IE) needs to be used.
- Close other programmes on your computer or mobile device.
- Plug in a headset with microphone.
- Plug in an ethernet cable (if available).
- Shut others off the WiFi if you can (including your phone).
- Set up your station - you may be able to cast to TV/output over HDMI.
- Enable permissions to use video calling.
- Read and watch the pre-meeting material available on the virtual event page.
- Interact with presenters: Ask questions using the session chat function and participate into session polls.
- Socialise: Arrange 1-to-1 chat with other participants, join a socialising event or interact in a group discussion. See the programme for social activities and watch this video to discover all the networking features on Swapcard as a participant.
- Make the most of your breaks: stretch and look away from the screen, grab a coffee or join a wellbeing event.
- Connect with exhibitors: What's the best way to connect with exhibitors during the conference? How do you meet the companies and organisations that are right for you? Here's how to achieve all that in a few easy steps.