Resources for SAS Grade Doctors
Our fact sheets help you find resources beyond the British Geriatrics Society website
30 June 2021
Last updated:30 June 2021
The following resources may be of help to our SAS grade members or those considering this career option:
- SAS Doctors - NHS Careers
Career progression for NHS doctors.
- Staff, specialty, specialist and associate specialist (SAS) doctors - Royal College of Physicians (RCP)
Support for SAS doctors from the RCP.
- Guidance and resources for SAS contract 2021 - NHS Employers
Guidance and resources for employers to use to help with implementation of the 2021 Specialty Doctor and Specialist grade contracts.
- SAS doctor development: Summary of resources and further work - Academy of Medical Royal Colleges (AOMRC)
This guide describes actions that can be taken to ensure that best practice is applied in the development of all SAS doctors and how different groups can work together to ensure best practice is consistently applied.
- The SAS Charter - British Medical Association (BMA)
The SAS charter was created by the BMA and NHS employers to help SAS doctors with their development and provide opportunities in their workplace.
- Maximising the Potential: essential measures to support SAS doctors - Health Education England and NHS Improvement
This guidance describes what the NHS should be doing to support staff grade, associate specialist, and specialty (SAS) doctors.
- SAS Doctors - Oxford University Hospitals Education Centre
Career development and continuing professional development (CPD) of all Specialty and Associate Specialist (SAS) doctors working within the Oxford University Hospitals.
- SAS and Specialty Doctors - Royal College of Anaesthetists
Includes links to the Good SAS Job Plan and other information.