We welcome approaches from journalists and media outlets seeking information about our work, or expert comment on older people’s healthcare. Our spokespeople include doctors, nurses and allied health professionals caring for older people in acute, primary and community care settings.
Our members’ areas of expertise include, but are not limited to;
- Community Geriatrics
- COVID-19 and older people
- Dementia, Delirium and Related Disorders
- Medicine Management (drugs and prescribing)
- End of Life Care
- Falls and Bone Health
- Geriatric Oncology
- Movement Disorders including Parkinson’s Disease
- Perioperative care of older people undergoing surgery (PoPs)
- Research and policy relating to health and social care
- Sarcopenia (Loss of muscle mass and strength)
- Workforce issues
BGS Spokespeople have appeared on the BBC Two programme ‘Hospital’, BBC Radio 4's Today Programme, Channel 5 News, Channel 4's Evening News, the Channel 4 programme 'Old People's Home for 4 Year Olds', ITV News and the Victoria Derbyshire Show.