Vacancy: Junior regional representatives
Junior regional representatives: Summary of role
- 1 year, but can be extended
Eligibility & Election
- Eligibility: Trainees of all grades may apply to this position
- Expression of interest to be sent to trainees [at] bgs [dot] org [dot] uk
- If there are multiple expressions of interest, the personal statements will be sent to the regional committee who will decide the election process.
- To be the named point of contact within each region for trainees to feedback.
- To disseminate information within your region about upcoming local events and meetings.
- To help with the organization of the event and meeting where possible
- To be an ambassador for Geriatric Medicine and raise BGS’s profile in your region.
- You will report to your region’s representative who will be able to assist you and will take your feedback and concerns to your Nation’s council.
- You may also choose to seek assistance from the Trainee Council who you can contact on trainees [at] bgs [dot] org [dot] uk
- You will have the opportunity to attend the trainee council meeting and see how the different committees contribute to the national BGS and drive service improvement, clinical quality and education in Geriatric Medicine amongst others.
- You will have the opportunity to get involved in a project with senior support as part of the BGS.
- You will receive a certificate for your time on the council.
Regions currently with vacancies for junior representatives
- North Thames
- South East
- South West Thames
- West Midlands