2024 Spring Meeting
Flexible attendance options & registration fees for 2024: In person or online
There is no difference in registration fees for in person and online meeting attendance. The registration fee provides access to the conference or online platform for the days you are registered. On demand viewing post event will be limited to the days for which you have registered and paid.
There is a flexible transfer from in person to online attendance as clinical service and life balance require. Please check our FAQs first for any queries you may have about attendance or on demand watching.
This conference will cover core areas of interest to all specialists responsible for the health care of older people with a particular focus on:
- Dementia and nutrition
- Prescribing at end of life
- Respiratory diseases and the ageing lung
- Syncope and falls
- A journey through the ageing gut
- Tissue viability
- Education and training
- Quality improvement
Plus keynote presentations from Professor Andy Elder on
AI:The Artificial Geriatrician and Professor Janet Lord.
Call for abstracts:
The deadline has passed! It was 5pm Friday, 16 February 2024 - sorry but you can submit to other BGS conferences here.
Who should attend:
- All consultants, nurses and allied health care professionals with an interest in healthcare of older people
- Especially those working in
- geriatric medicine
- acute/general medicine
- GPs with an extended role in older people and GP trainees
- Advanced and specialist practitioners
- Consultant practitioners/consultant nurses
- Physician associates
- Internal medicine trainees especially those considering an oncology, geriatric medicine, palliative care specialty
- Medical, nursing, allied health professional students
- Researchers into ageing and age-related conditions
- Understand more on the key areas & challenges faced in geriatric medicine
- Hear focused presentations on core areas of the geriatric medicine
- Present the latest scientific research to British Geriatrics Society members and elected officers
- Attend small group workshop sessions
- Network & socialise with other healthcare professionals over 3 days
So why not join us in Spring... we look forward to seeing you.
|All fees inclusive of VAT.
There is no cost difference between in person or online
|Senior Doctors – Post CCT or CESR CP Professions
*Includes Corporate Representatives
|Pre CCT or CESR CP Professions, Healthcare professionals (Nurses, Physiotherapists, Researchers)
|Retired member/ Students (Undergraduates in Medical School, Nursing or AHP courses)
*Retired Members will need to enter a discount code
*An early bird discount of 10% is available until 24 March 2024.
Your organization can register attendees and pay the registration fee by card only they hold on your behalf (A Proxy registration). There isn’t an option for invoice payment for our virtual and hybrid conferences. The steps for a proxy registration are outlined on https://www.bgs.org.uk/hybrid-event-participants.
All in person attendees can access the content online, if your circumstances change. We have a flexible cancellation policy in that if your circumstances change.
- If you can't come in person, and tell us more than 2 weeks before the meeting you are able to cancel attendance and access to the on demand recordings for a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you can't come in person, and inform us less than 2 weeks before the meeting we can't refund you but can transfer to a colleague. If you can't transfer the registration place to anyone, you can still watch the online content live or on-demand for up to 12 months
The Vox is a contemporary, light and airy venue, located within Resorts World Birmingham. Only a 7 minute walk from Birmingham International Station and centrally located for both air and road links, it is surrounded by many hotels and restaurants. All the meeting rooms are on one level and in close proximity of each other, making it very easy to move between sessions and enjoy the varied meeting programme. The main foyer overlooks Pendigo Lake and is a perfect location to join an interactive group session or simply relax, and enjoy refreshments whilst networking with fellow meeting participants. Oh! and did we mention, as well as the ambience, the food is really fantastic too!
BGS have identified some good value rates at hotels with access to the conference venue.
Other sites and booking directly with the hotels may be cheaper - please do shop around.
|BGS members can find preferential rates at Hotels by Hilton by following the details below.
There is complimentary parking for delegates in South 6 car park.
Please note that tickets must be validated using machines before you leave - Allocated by cloakroom and South 6 Foyer.
PLEASE NOTE: Traffic may be heavy in and around the venue, due to a number of events taking place. Please allow plenty of time for your journey.
For specific parking queries please contact the venue directly
+44 (0)121 200 2000
info [at] voxvenue [dot] co [dot] uk