Falls and Bone Health Special Interest Group (SIG)
Set up in 2001, this popular SIG acts as a focus for multidisciplinary interest and expertise on fall prevention and bone health and aims to provide an interface with other relevant organisations.
Our objectives are to:
- Draw together, identify and coordinate expertise and interest in the field of falls and bone health amongst members of the Society
- Provide an informal forum to present clinical work and research
- Promote, by interchange of ideas, research of high quality and so indirectly assist the group to acquire financial support for studies in falls and bone health
- Improve the quality of care for older people at risk of falls and fractures
- Act as a focus for multidisciplinary interest and expertise on fall prevention and bone health and to interface with other relevant organisations
- In certain circumstances, to act through the membership as a coordinating group for larger scale multi-centre studies, either by providing a network for an existing member or department, or less frequently, by mounting a centrally organised exercise.