The last few months have been a time of extraordinary challenge for all of us providing healthcare for older people. The BGS is keen to capture your experiences from the first months of the COVID pandemic in readiness for a second wave. Your resilience and wellbeing is important to the Society. By responding to this survey you will help us understand how the BGS can better support you, and provide information across different countries, settings and professions that we can analyse and report back to you. Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey by 5pm on 9 November, which should take you no more than nine minutes.
Falls and Bone Health Special Interest Group (SIG)
Set up in 2001, this popular SIG acts as a focus for multidisciplinary interest and expertise on fall prevention and bone health and aims to provide an interface with other relevant organisations.
Our objectives are to:
- Draw together, identify and coordinate expertise and interest in the field of falls and bone health amongst members of the Society
- Provide an informal forum to present clinical work and research
- Promote, by interchange of ideas, research of high quality and so indirectly assist the group to acquire financial support for studies in falls and bone health
- Improve the quality of care for older people at risk of falls and fractures
- Act as a focus for multidisciplinary interest and expertise on fall prevention and bone health and to interface with other relevant organisations
- In certain circumstances, to act through the membership as a coordinating group for larger scale multi-centre studies, either by providing a network for an existing member or department, or less frequently, by mounting a centrally organised exercise.