Register now for the 20th International Conference on Falls and Postural Stability being held on 20 September 2019 in London.
Falls and Bone Health Section
Set up in 2001, this popular section acts as a focus for multidisciplinary interest and expertise on fall prevention and bone health and aims to provide an interface with other relevant organisations.
Our objectives are to:
- Draw together, identify and coordinate expertise and interest in the field of falls and bone health amongst members of the Society
- Provide an informal forum to present clinical work and research
- Promote, by interchange of ideas, research of high quality and so indirectly assist the group to acquire financial support for studies in falls and bone health
- Improve the quality of care for older people at risk of falls and fractures
- Act as a focus for multidisciplinary interest and expertise on fall prevention and bone health and to interface with other relevant organisations
- In certain circumstances, to act through the membership as a coordinating group for larger scale multi-centre studies, either by providing a network for an existing member or department, or less frequently, by mounting a centrally organised exercise.