Mersey Region Spring Meeting 2021
The BGS has taken the decision to postpone the meeting until 16 June 2021
Given the escalation of the number of people in hospitals, the increasing withdrawal of study leave and colleagues isolating with COVID-19 symptoms, we took the necessary decision to postpone. As the leading health organisation for improving healthcare for older people, the BGS takes seriously its responsibility to protect clinicians and the public from contracting COVID-19 and to ensure that the NHS is as prepared as it can be for increased demand.
We are sorry the meeting won't happen but hope you understand the reasons for the decision. Given the extraordinary circumstances, we will transfer your registration to the next meeting and communicate those dates when they are confirmed. If you couldn't make the rescheduled dates, or prefer we'd refund your registration fee where applicable in full. Let us know if you would prefer your registration to be transferred to a later meeting by emailing email@example.com.
The BGS Mersey spring meeting 2021 will be delivered virtually.
In addition to have access to live and recorded content, participants joining live will have the opportunity to engage with presenters, attendees and sponsors. This will be through interactive activities during the session as well as 1 to 1 and group calls and chat.
Registration fees are being reduced by 50%, and travel and accommodation costs will not be incurred. Participants will attend via Swapcard who provides simple access via web browser, tablet or phone. A browser other than Internet Explorer (IE) needs to be used. Found out how to participate in our vitual conferences and navigate the online platform.
Participants are encouraged to register in advance to take advantage of the early bird discount.
Who should attend:
- Consultants & specialist doctors in geriatric medicine
- Researchers into Ageing and Age Related Conditions
- Doctors training in related specialties
- GPs with an interest in the care of Older People and GP trainees
- Nurses and allied health professionals
- Advanced and Specialist practitioners
- Consultant Practitioners/Consultant Nurses
- Physician Associates
- Internal Medicine Trainees (especially those considering a career in geriatric medicine)
- Medical, Nursing, Allied Health professional students
- Understand more on the key areas & challenges faced in geriatric medicine
- Hear focused presentations on core areas of the geriatric medicine
- Present the latest scientific research to British Geriatrics Society members and elected officers
- Attend small group workshop sessions
- Network & socialise with other healthcare professionals over 3 days
Cost to attend
|24th March Non-Member
Day Fee (Inc VAT)
24th March BGS Member
|Senior Doctors: Consultant / GP||
SAS Grade / StR / GP Trainee/IMT/Foundation Year Doctor
|Healthcare Professionals: Nurse Allied Health Professional||£35||£17.50|
|Retired/ Medical Student||£25||£12.50|
A 20% early bird discount is available until 16th April. Register soon!