March 2019 issue of Age and Ageing journal is out now
The March 2019 issue of Age and Ageing, the journal of the British Geriatrics Society is out now.
A full table of contents is available here, with editorials, research papers, expert reviews, short reports, case reports and more. Hot topics in this issue include:
- Antibiotic prophylaxis for recurrent urinary tract infection
- Haemoglobin A1C and mortality in older insulin treated diabetics
- Adiposity and dementia
- Falls prevention using the Otago Exercise Programme
- Healthcare improvement science
This issue features the final Editor’s View from David Stott, who has been succeeded as Editor by Rowan Harwood. This article gives an overview of the issue with a summary of highlights. This article is free to read and can be viewed here.
There are more free to view and Open Access articles in this issue which can be read and downloaded without subscription:
- Older men may benefit from antimicrobial prophylaxis for recurrent urinary tract infections
- Clinical research methods for studies of older people
- Management of atrial fibrillation for older people with frailty: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- Antibiotic prophylaxis and clinical outcomes among older adults with recurrent urinary tract infection: cohort study
- European postgraduate curriculum in geriatric medicine developed using an international modified Delphi technique