COVID-19: Health and care staff wellbeing
Links, resources and tools to help support personal wellbeing during a particularly challenging time for the health and care workforce. If you would like to add or share any resources, advice or graphics to be included on this page please email editor [at] bgs [dot] org [dot] uk.
Supporting your wellbeing
- NHS Staff FRONTLINE phone and text line
Mental health support for NHS staff. Phone lines are open between 7am and 11pm every day, alongside a 24/7 text service. Phone 0300 131 7000 or text FRONTLINE to 85258.
- How are you feeling today? – NHS Employers
A toolkit to assist in checking your own emotional wellbeing or supporting colleagues.
- Covid-19 Workforce Wellbeing – NHS Practitioner Health
Help, advice, resources and signposting for NHS staff, including podcasts, webinars and links to support services.
- Workforce COVID-19 guidance for clinicians - Royal College of Psychiatrists
Guidance aiming to provide the latest updates and advice to help manage teams, support colleagues and get the support that you need.
- The psychological needs of healthcare staff as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic - British Psychological Society
Guidance from the British Psychological Society on managing and supporting staff and colleagues through the COVID-19 pandemic. Includes a useful table outlining the different psychological stages that individuals and teams will likely go through during the crisis.
- Free access to wellbeing apps for all NHS staff – NHS Employers
Includes how to access apps including Unmind, Headspace, Sleepio and Daylight for free as a member of the NHS workforce.
- Mental health and wellbeing resource – Royal College of Physicians
Online resource page with tools to assist the physician workforce to remain aware of their mental health and wellbeing needs during these challenging times.
COVID-19 Psychological Wellbeing in Healthcare Workers – University of Nottingham
This package has been developed by Holly Blake and Fiona Bermingham, with technical support from the University of Nottingham Digital Marketing Team. It is designed to support as many people as possible during and after the pandemic. The package is therefore free to use, and open access.
- Five ways to wellbeing – Queen’s Nursing Institute
Practical steps and advice for boosting wellbeing.
- Guidance for the public on the mental health and wellbeing aspects of coronavirus (COVID-19) – Public Health England
Frequently updated guide from Public Health England providing advice to members of the public on how to look after mental health and wellbeing during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- Every Mind Matters – Public Health England
Easy-to-read information on managing mental wellbeing, anxiety, sleep, stress and low mood.
- Mental health and wellbeing - NHS
Self-assessment, audio guides and resources for anyone who is stressed, anxious or depressed, or just wants to feel happier.
- Living with worry and anxiety amidst global uncertainty - Psychology Tools
A free-to-share guide which breaks down what worry and anxiety are and how to make sense of and deal with these feelings.
- Supporting our people - NHS People
Helping you manage your own health and wellbeing while looking after others. Featuring guides, quick reference tools, pathways, and signposting to other sources of support and information.
How can BGS help you?
If you have any ideas, tips or suggestions about how you would like BGS to support you during this time, you are welcome use the form below to get in touch.