The last year has been a time of extraordinary challenge for all of us providing healthcare for older people. The BGS is keen to capture your experiences from the second wave of the COVID pandemic, following on from our recent report Through the Visor. Your resilience and wellbeing is important to the Society. By responding to this survey you will help us understand how the BGS can better support you, and provide information across different countries, settings and professions that we can analyse and report back to you. Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey by 5pm on 21 May.
The British Geriatrics Society Scotland (BGS Scotland) is a multi-disciplinary professional membership association that promotes better health and care for older people. Its membership includes the vast majority of specialist health professionals who shape and delivery healthcare to older people in Scotland. The full Council and Board representatives may be found here.
We believe that care should:
- promote independence, and allow older people to live the lives they choose and be fully involved in their care and treatment plans, including at the end of life;
- be holistic and person centred;
- be evidence-based and focused on outcomes, not outputs;
- be based on a full and complete assessment and diagnosis;
- be compassionate and caring;
- be based on need, not age, and promote fair and equal treatment for older people;
- be multidisciplinary, regardless of setting, and integrate the services of health, social and community care professionals to provide a seamless service.