2023 Joint BGS and Northern Ireland Frailty Network Meeting
This conference has added limited additional capacity for in-person attendance and you can register online until these are gone. Online registration is still possible
If you registered to attend in-person and can no longer make it please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who should attend:
We encourage anyone with an interest in older people and ageing well to attend, including third sector, patient and public representatives. Healthcare professionals, both specialist and non-specialist in older people care are particularly encouraged.
- Consultants & specialist doctors in geriatric medicine
- Medics and Healthcare professionals training in related specialties
- GPs with an Extended Role in Older People and GP trainees
- Nurses and allied health professionals
- Advanced and Specialist practitioner
- Consultant Practitioners/Consultant Nurses
- Physician Associates
- Internal Medicine Trainees (especially those considering a career in geriatric medicine)
- Medical, Nursing, Allied Health professional students
- Researchers into Ageing and Age-Related Conditions
- Understand more on the key areas & challenges faced in Northern Ireland health and social care
- Hear focused presentations on how to achieve better outcomes for older people
- Network & socialise with others passionate about improving health care in Northern Ireland
Cost to attend
|Senior Doctors – Post CCT or CESR CP Professions
Pre CCT or CESR CP Professions, Healthcare professionals (Nurses, Physiotherapists, Researchers)
|Retired member/ Students (Undergraduates in Medical School, Nursing or AHP courses)
CPD and Post Event Access
We understand that you may not be able to tune-in to a live-streamed event or webinar as a result of clinical pressures. Therefore, if you view an archived version of a Federation-approved live-streamed event or live webinar within four weeks of it being broadcast you can still claim it as an approved external CPD course. BGS won't send certificates if you watch post event
The live CPD codes will be found in the RCP diary
After 4 weeks post-broadcast date
This will be classed by the RCP as distance learning and will be assigned a distance learning code and can be added to the diary as usual distance learning activities would be.
As long as you are registered you can access the event live, or for up to 12 months post-broadcast via the platform
- The videos are instantly available
- You can rewatch content for 12 months if you can’t join them all live.
- The RCP will allow you to claim CPD for up to 12 months after the delivery of a meeting where the archives are accessible.
- If you watch you will need to record this in your CPD diary using the event code and hours but we won’t send a certificate for people who only watch post event.
Further information about CPD can be found here https://www.federationcpd.org/covid-19
For the 2022/23 CPD year there will be no limit to the number of external credits that can be claimed for distance learning. In addition to the maximum of 10 approved distance learning credits you may add under the ‘Add Approved Entry’ tab, you may also add unlisted distance learning under the ‘Add Self-Certified Entry’ tab under the ‘Distance Learning’ sub-section. You will need to add them as an ‘External Self-Certified Distance Learning, Clinical or Non-Clinical’. Reading articles in online journals and e-libraries that are not approved should still be recorded as personal self-certified distance learning. Online mandatory training required by your employer should still be recorded as internal CPD.
BGS have identified some good value rates at hotels with access to the conference venue.
Other sites and booking directly with the hotels may be cheaper - please do shop around.
BGS members can find preferential rates at the Hilton chain and Yotel chains using the details below as well.
- Log on to www.hilton.com
- Put in the location and dates
- Click on advanced search
- Click on Add a special rate code
- In the corporate account box, type in 113011292