Wales Autumn Meeting 2021
Who should attend:
- Consultants & specialist doctors in geriatric medicine
- Researchers into Ageing and Age Related Conditions
- Doctors training in related specialties
- GPs with an Extended Role in Older People and GP trainees
- Nurses and allied health professionals
- Advanced and Specialist practitioners
- Consultant Practitioners/Consultant Nurses
- Physician Associates
- Internal Medicine Trainees (especially those considering a career in geriatric medicine)
- Medical, Nursing, Allied Health professional students
- Understand more on the key areas & challenges faced in geriatric medicine
- Hear focused presentations on core areas of the geriatric medicine
- Present the latest scientific research to British Geriatrics Society members and elected officers
- Attend small group workshop sessions
- Network & socialise with other healthcare professionals over 3 days
Cost to attend virtual event
|24th September Non-Member
Fee (Inc VAT)
24th September BGS Member
|Senior Doctors: Consultant / GP||
SAS Grade / StR / GP Trainee/IMT/Foundation Year Doctor
|Healthcare Professionals: Nurse Allied Health Professional||£35||£17.50|
|Retired/ Medical Student||£25||£12.50|
Post event access
If you couldn't join live you can watch the sessions on demand for up to 12 months after the live broadcast. You will need to be registered for the meeting. Once registered, or if returning please follow the steps below
- Login to the Swapcard platform. If not received already logged in can you visit login.swapcard.com
- Follow the steps to login
- If forgotten your password use the forgot password link. When prompted, write the email address you provided when registering for the event. On the password page, click 'Send me a magic link'. You will be emailed a login link from the address hello [at] swapcard [dot] com. Check your spam folder if you don’t appear to receive the link.
- Use the button “Programme” to access recording
- See this video on how to navigate to see the recordings https://vimeo.com/460635161/6dfbcde2f6
- Once in Swapcard, click on programme and then into the session you want to watch.
- When in the session page the video will start playing automatically
The RCP will allow you to claim CPD for up to 12 months after the delivery of a meeting, where the archives are accessible as they are in the platform, as dinstance learning.
If you watch you will need to record this in your CPD diary using the event code and hours but we won’t send a certificate for people who only watch post-event.
Further information about CPD
For the 2020/21 CPD year there will be no limit to the number of external credits that can be claimed for distance learning. In addition to the maximum of 10 approved distance learning credits you may add under the ‘Add Approved Entry’ tab, you may also add unlisted distance learning under the ‘Add Self-Certified Entry’ tab under the ‘Distance Learning’ sub-section. You will need to add them as an ‘External Self-Certified Distance Learning, Clinical or Non-Clinical’. Reading articles in online journals and e-libraries that are not approved should still be recorded as personal selfcertified distance learning. Online mandatory training required by your employer should still be recorded as internal CPD.