2023 G4J (Geriatrics 4 Juniors)
This will be a virtual meeting only.
G4J is a one day conference, designed for Foundation Doctors, IMT and GP trainees and allied healthcare professionals. It aims to deliver relevant and useful clinical updates in all the main sub specialties of Geriatric Medicine, in order to improve the standards of care for older people. Whether you're a budding Geriatrician, already work in the field, or have other career aspirations but just want to improve your clinical knowledge and skills related to older patients, G4J has something to offer you! This year G4J23 is a virtual event on Saturday 11th November 2023.
articipants will attend online via the BGS website which provides simple access via web browser. A browser other than Internet Explorer (IE) needs to be used.
Who should register:
- Foundation Year and Internal Medicine Trainees (especially those considering a career in geriatric medicine)
Those interested in a career in geriatric medicine as well as those training in related specialties;
- GPs with an Extended Role in Older People and GP trainees
- Nurses and allied health professionals
- Advanced and Specialist Practitioners
- Consultant Practitioners/Consultant Nurses
- Physician Associates
- Medical, Nursing, and Allied Health professional students
What’s in it for you?
What will be covered?
A whole day of educational sessions, covering a wide range of areas related to Geriatric Medicine including:
- Stroke Medicine
- Front door Geriatrics
- ITU and the older patient
- Parkinson’s disease
- Perioperative medicine
Our "Ask the Med Reg" panel will also be back to answer any questions you have about being a medical registrar and life as a Geris reg.
For details about abstract submission reach http://aeme.org.uk/contact-us/
Cost to attend
|*All fees inclusive of VAT||Online meeting Fee|
Senior Doctors – Post CCT or CESR CP Professions
Including Corporate Representatives
Pre-CCT or CESR CP Professions
|Retired member/ Students (Undergraduates in Medical School, Nursing or AHP courses)||£37.50|
** Card payments only. We don't accept PO or invoice payments
This will be a virtual meeting.
Participants can expect the same high-quality educational content. Participants joining online will be able to interact with the speakers and attendees via chat, question tools and polls.
Recordings of the presentations will be accessible post-event to all on-demand for 12 months.
This section provides useful tips and answers to prepare for your attendance.
Yes. Please navigate top of this page and use the 'Register online' button on the right hand side to register for the meeting. You will need to create a BGS website account if you do not already have one, but you do not need to be a BGS member. You can register in advance (encouraged), on the day or post event.
When registering for an event you will need to login, or create a free BGS website account.
If you are a BGS member your web account will have been created for you during your membership application, but you will also have an account if you are a non-member and have attended a BGS event in the past, joined a SIG or signed up for our communications. This account will allow you to register for the meeting and will be your point of access for watching the live conference or on-demand recordings.
You can access the event either by:
Clicking the link in one of the emails sent by registrations [at] bgs [dot] org [dot] uk If you didn't receive the email, check your spam folder.
Logging into your BGS website account and navigating to the event page, then clicking on the 'View Stream' button.
When you log into your account, you may not have access to the event you want to join.
Did you complete registration successfully?
There are a few reasons that this might happen:
You have not yet registered for the event. Perhaps your registration is not complete; remember to check that you have received a registration confirmation, and if this is the case, forward it to registrations [at] bgs [dot] org [dot] uk with a short description of your issue so that we can help you.
You did not log in with the email used when registering for your event. Make sure you use the same email address when logging into the BGS website. Having multiple accounts is possible.
The event is not yet accessible to users - however it will be once the invitation emails are sent by the event organiser.
Online participants can expect the same high-quality educational content as in a face-to-face meeting. Online participants joining live on the day of the meeting will be able to engage with presenters and sponsors through chat and poll functions during the sessions. Recordings of the presentations will be accessible post-event.
Participants will attend via the BGS website, logging in with the same details used to register for the meeting.
Remember PPE for online attendance!
- Test your connection before the event.
- Update your details on the BGS website
- Connect with people before the event starts. Use the BGS forum to engage with others before and after the meeting.
- Review the programme and browse pre-meeting content.
- A browser other than Internet Explorer (IE) needs to be used. An up-to-date version of Chrome is a good option (click here to download).
- Close other programmes on your computer or mobile device.
- Plug in a headset with microphone.
- Plug in an ethernet cable (if available).
- Shut others off the WiFi if you can (including your phone).
- Set up your station - you may be able to cast to a large TV or output over HDMI if you want a larger viewing platform.
- Read and watch the pre-meeting material available on the virtual event page.
- Interact with presenters: Ask questions using the session chat function and participate into session polls.
- Socialise: Chat with other participants, join a socialising event or interact in a group discussion. See the programme for social activities.
- Make the most of your breaks: stretch and look away from the screen, grab a coffee or join a wellbeing event.
- Connect with exhibitors: Please visit our sponsors and thank them for their support.
Participants watching a live event online via the BGS platform must log their attendance on the day, and each subsequent day, to record attendance. A button is prominently displayed under the media player stating "Sign in for CPD today"
If participants join live using a shared work account or viewing as a group they must contact us before the end of the live event to record attendance. This should be by email with their full name, email address and place of work to registrations [at] bgs [dot] org [dot] uk. Participants must register before the live event starts to claim CPD credits.
We cannot send CPD certificates to participants who haven't registered in advance, or those who watch after the live broadcast.
Participants accessing the archived version of the webinar may record this in their CPD diary using the approval code provided for the live event for up to four weeks after the event date. Further information about CPD can be found here, or here via the Federation of Colleges CPD site
If watching within 4 weeks of the live broadcast you can claim live CPD using the codes available on the RCP CPD diary or emailed to attendees.
After 4 weeks this will be classed by the RCP as distance learning and will be assigned a distance learning code and can be added to the diary as usual distance learning activities would be.
As long as you are registered for the event you can access the event live, or for up to 12 months post-broadcast via the BGS website.
You can register for 12 months post-event as well.
The event registration page is the portal to access the live stream and on-demand videos
- To watch the event post-broadcast, you will need to login to the BGS website.
- If you are registered, you can access the recordings by using the button "View Stream".
- If you aren't registered, you can choose to register and pay and will be able to instantly access the on-demand recordings.
The RCP will allow you to claim CPD for up to 12 months after the delivery of a meeting where the archives are accessible.
If you watch you will need to record this in your CPD diary using the event code (the live event code for 4 weeks post broadcast and the distance learning code for the following 11 months).
We won’t send a certificate for watching post-event content.
Watching more than 4 weeks post-broadcast date?
This will be classed by the RCP as distance learning and will be assigned a distance learning code and can be added to the diary as usual distance learning activities would be.
As long as you are registered you can access the event live, or for up to 12 months post-broadcast, via the BGS streaming platform.
- The videos are instantly available.
- You can rewatch content for 12 months if you can’t join them all live.
- The RCP will allow you to claim CPD for up to 12 months after the delivery of a meeting where the archives are accessible.
- If you watch you will need to record this in your CPD diary using the event code and hours but we won’t send a certificate for people who only watch post event.
There are a few reasons you may not be able to view the live stream.
If you get an error message when accessing the stream page:
- You are not registered for the event or you have logged in with a different email to the one you registered with. Check your confirmation email to make sure your registration was successful, and to check the email address used to register.
- If you are registered and cannot access the stream page, email registrations [at] bgs [dot] org [dot] uk providing your name, what kind of device you are using (PC/Mac/mobile/tablet etc), the browser you are using (Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Edge, etc) and whether you are joining from home or a workplace.
If you are in the stream page but cannot view the stream you wish to watch:
- Check the time and date the stream is due to be broadcast. You cannot watch a stream before it has been broadcast.
- Make sure you have clicked 'Switch to this stream' button when swapping between streams. This is located beneath the video segment and will swap the video broadcast to the stream you are currently previewing. Click here for detailed instructions.
- You may need to try a different browser or install updates on your current browser. We advise against using Internet Explorer.
- You may need to refresh the page to capture any updates.
Bouncing video stream
The media player may bounce while trying to find the optimal resolution for your device. You can hover your mouse cursor over the 'full screen' icon (at bottom right of the video screen, shaped like a cross) or wait and it should determine the best size after 10 seconds.
Video has an echo
If there is an echo on your video stream, please try these fixes in order:
- Make sure you are not streaming the video from two seperate locations. Close any additional browser windows or tabs.
- Log out of the BGS website and log back into the stream.
- Clear your browser history.
- Make sure you are using the most up-to-date version of your browser and all updates are installed.
- Do a hard refresh on your browser to clear the cache:
Chrome, Firefox, or Edge for Windows: Press Ctrl + F5 (If that doesn’t work, try Shift + F5 or Ctrl + Shift + R).
Chrome or Firefox for Mac: Press Shift + Command + R.
Safari for Mac: Press Command + Option + E to empty the cache, then hold down Shift and click Reload in the toolbar.
- Safari for iPhone and iPad: Go into device settings to erase your browser’s cache.
No video stream
We will notify participants via the chat function if there is a problem with the broadcast (for example if we are waiting for a speaker or there is a technical delay). Just like at an in-person event, this should be resolved quickly, and we thank you for your patience.
Please email registrations [at] bgs [dot] org [dot] uk to amend your registration or call 0207 608 1369. You can not cancel, or transfer your registration without contacting us. You can update your email address via 'Manage my account.'
All in person attendees can access the content online, if your circumstances change. We have a flexible cancellation policy in that if your circumstances change:
If you can't come in person, and tell us more than 2 weeks before the meeting we will refund the difference between inperson and online fee
If you can't come in person, and inform us less than 2 weeks before the meeting we can't refund you but can transfer to a colleague. If you can't transfer the registration place to anyone, you can still watch the online content live or on-demand for up to 12 months
Most BGS events are available to watch on demand at a later date and still accrue external CPD. Delegates can still claim live CPD points if they watch the event within four weeks of the webinar, and distance learning CPD if in the next 11 months. Please consider this before requesting a full cancellation.
If you do need to cancel, the following applies
Cancellation within 7 working days of booking, and more than 10 working days before the conference - full refund
Cancellation after 7 working days of booking, and more than 10 working days before the conference - 50% refund
Cancellation within 10 working days before the conference - no refund