Autumn Meeting 2021
Who should attend:
- Consultants & specialist doctors in geriatric medicine
- Researchers into Ageing and Age Related Conditions
- Doctors training in related specialties
- GPs with an Extended Role in Older People and GP trainees
- Nurses and allied health professionals
- Advanced and Specialist practitioners
- Internal Medicine Trainees (especially those considering a career in geriatric medicine)
- Consultant Practitioners/Consultant Nurses
- Physician AssociatesInternal Medicine Trainees (especially those considering a career in geriatric medicine)
- Medical, Nursing, Allied Health professional students
- Understand more on the key areas & challenges faced in geriatric medicine
- Hear focused presentations on core areas of the geriatric medicine
- Present the latest scientific research to British Geriatrics Society members and elected officers
- Attend small group workshop sessions
- Network & socialise with other healthcare professionals over 3 days
Call for case presentations
The online BGS Autumn Meeting 2021 (24-26 November 2021) is running a stream on Community care for older people on Wednesday 24 November. If you work in a community service, please consider whether you could deliver a short case presentation around one of the three pillars of the Ageing Well programme:
- Urgent community response and recovery support
- Enhanced healthcare in care homes
- Anticipatory care
We would be particularly glad to hear from those in training roles. If you would like to present, or could suggest a local service as an example, please email Geraint Collingridge at conferences [at] bgs [dot] org [dot] uk by 30th July 2021.
Case presentations from sites across the four nations delivering these or comparable services are encouraged, to enable shared learning. Feel free to focus on patient outcomes and share the challenges you face as well as achievements.
Cost to attend
Full meeting (inc. VAT)
|BGS or IGS Member
Day Fee (inc. VAT)
Full meeting (inc. VAT)
Day Fee (inc. VAT)
|Senior Doctors – Post CCT or CESR CP Professions||£190||
Pre CCT or CESR CP Professions, Healthcare professionals (Nurses, Physiotherapists, Researchers)
|Retired member/ Students (Undergraduates in Medical School, Nursing or AHP courses)||£70||£30||£98||£42|
*An early bird discount of 10% is available until 14 September 2021
Post Event Access
If you couldn't join live you can watch the sessions on demand for up to 12 months after the live broadcast. You will need to be registered for the meeting. Once registered, or if returning please follow the steps below
- Login to the Swapcard platform. If not received already logged in can you visit login.swapcard.com
- Follow the steps to login
- If forgotten your password use the forgot password link. When prompted, write the email address you provided when registering for the event. On the password page, click 'Send me a magic link'. You will be emailed a login link from the address hello [at] swapcard [dot] com. Check your spam folder if you don’t appear to receive the link.
- Use the button “Programme” to access recording
- See this video on how to navigate to see the recordings https://vimeo.com/460635161/6dfbcde2f6
- Once in Swapcard, click on programme and then into the session you want to watch.
- When in the session page the video will start playing automatically
- The RCP will allow you to claim CPD for up to 12 months after the delivery of a meeting, where the archives are accessible as they are in the platform, as distance learning.
- If you watch you will need to record this in your CPD diary using the event code and hours but we won’t send a certificate for people who only watch post-event.
Further information about CPD
For the 2020/21 CPD year there will be no limit to the number of external credits that can be claimed for distance learning. In addition to the maximum of 10 approved distance learning credits, you may add under the ‘Add Approved Entry’ tab, you may also add unlisted distance learning under the ‘Add Self-Certified Entry’ tab under the ‘Distance Learning’ sub-section. You will need to add them as an ‘External Self-Certified Distance Learning, Clinical or Non-Clinical’. Reading articles in online journals and e-libraries that are not approved should still be recorded as personal self-certified distance learning. Online mandatory training required by your employer should still be recorded as internal CPD.