Frailty Hub: Education and training
Here you can find links to our new frailty e-learning module and other useful training materials.
BGS e-learning frailty module
The BGS has launched an e-learning module on Frailty - identification and interventions which is available to view with or without accredited CPD (10 hours).
BGS members can access this material on a reference-only basis free of charge.
The module covers:
- Definition of frailty
- Frailty scales
- Prevalence of frailty in different settings: community, care homes, acute admissions and inpatients
- Theories underpinning the pathophysiology of frailty
- Clinical presentation of frail older people
- Adverse outcomes of frailty in different settings: community and inpatients
- Evidence based interventions to improve outcomes for frail older people in a range of settings
- Robustly articulate arguments to focus on the care of older people
- Able to employ a range of teaching techniques to influence colleagues behaviours to older people
- Frailty Core Capabilities Framework (understanding tiers and articulate
- Person’s experience of living with Frailty and patient outcomes desired to see
- Care planning
- Language of frailty – conversations with carers
- Advocacy for frail older people
- Demonstration of experience working in a unit with a frailty pathway
|To access the e-learning module and view prices, please click here.|
BGS event slides
Click below to access slides from past BGS events covering topics including frailty.